View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LemonGirl

Over the years I feel like I have dated better and better, even though my recent x is an A. It's funny though... even though is an A, he was the "fun-loving" type, and not the manipulative/angry/moody type. A little depressive at times, but definitely not the "abusive" type of man I've found myself entangled with in the past. For me, that is a step up! Sounds stupid I guess to others, but I've done so much work to get where I am. And obviously, I have more to do.

anyway, the bf before him wasn't someone who needed "rescuing" either. He did, however, come from an alcoholic family, and I do see now after 1 1/2 years in that relationship that he had a some emotional dysfunction, but he wasn't a bad guy to have dated in any sense. In the end, we broke up because he lived 45 minutes away and became extremely busy with work and school, and I was ready to get closer emotionally, whereas he felt he needed to focus on "bettering" his life, and so, I saw him less and less. Just a normal reason, ya know?

Anyway, it IS nice. The relationship was so calm. My codie brain wanted so badly to create drama, but I didn't. I just complained about him not having any time for us.

Good luck hun! Hope he is actually a good match for your needs and personality and that it works out for good reasons =)