Thread: Today
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stewy84

Today

Here I am today at the weekend, and I'm obsessing and ruminating about work. Got up late, started worrying. The worry is about a specific task I am required to complete. I have arranged for a colleague to come and help me with it on Monday and I have set aside the majority of next week to ensure it is thoroughly completed.

The worry then starts to grow, I then start to think about other tasks at work that I need to complete, meetings I need to have, places I need to be.

I then start to create situations in my head, tell myself a story about what ifs, worry that my manager is going to try get me sacked when he returns from leave.

My manager and I had a capability meeting before he went on holiday, in it, he stated I was not working to the required standard, he did not provide any more information, so I'm left wondering what is required from me.

I have really struggled to get up each morning. Maybe if I set my alarm for the same time every day, that will help?

I'm desperate to turn things around for myself, I just don't know where to even begin