View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Pouncer

Hi Art,

I think the majority of us here have had less-than-ideal families/childhoods. I had a traumatic childhood and I still can't get over the fact that I never have, nor never will, receive(d) approval from my parents. It is really tough.

I think that you have many friends here. On the whole, you are one of the more cheerful and encouraging (and insightful) people here. You are having a bad moment and I hope it passes because you definitely deserve happiness and support. Give it to yourself if you can't get it from your family. After all, isn't life summed up with how you feel in the end? When we all leave our time here on Earth, can't it be summed up with your own happiness? You deserve that. You really do.

I am sorry because I think I have Pollyanna-itis right now - I am normally not this positive (I swear). I know what it feels like to be in a dark place - as I often am.

I hope you feel better. Please stay close to SR and keep us informed. You are bored? Let us know. You are angry because you had an uncomfortable phone call? Let us know. You ate a salad that had too much dressing and not enough bacon? Let us know. You get the point..