View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

Friday . . . finally. This week has been exhausting. I start orientation for my new job Monday. I have had physicals, online tests, paperwork, and phone calls. I know it's all for the good, so I keep trucking. My brain, though, is quite exhausted, lol. Thank goodness for a quiet, relaxing weekend.

The girls and I have decided to take a mini weekend vacation in a couple of weeks. Since they are teenagers, they nixed the idea of amusement parks or water parks. So we are going to a small, nearby town that has incredible vintage and antique stores. They really are growing up . . .

AV has been quite loud this week. I continue to focus on my current and future plans and staying busy, focusing on my new present life and what that brings me in the future.

I do have times where recovery is exhausting as well. I find myself shying away from recovery talk, and all that goes with it. I'm sure it'll pass and I continue to work my plan. Maybe I'm just exhausted overall. I've been handed some massive life changes over the past two weeks. Currently, I'm in a very awkward holding pattern: waiting for the money to get here, waiting to buy the car, waiting to start the job. It doesn't feel real yet. I'm still in a bit of shock, actually.

Anyway, still here. Still sober. Still going.

Happy Friday