Thread: I'm sorry
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stewy84

I'm sorry

Hello everyone,

I've tried not to post just to see how I got on trying to manage myself but I feel even more isolated by doing that so that's not going to work, I would most probably eventually drink.

I'm still not feeling like I'm in a very good place at present, I believe I'm still experiencing depression despite having medicine to aid recovery so that's one issue.

Another is work, I know I go on about it, but I'm struggling to manage. I'm late going in today and I feel very unhappy whilst I'm there. Since I met with my manager last week and they had concerns over my capability, my confidence has dipped. I'm also concerned as I'm getting very paranoid whilst at work. This is affecting my judgement and productivity. I'm also using avoidance and trying to escape situations to get through the day.

My relationship is not too good, there are regular arguments that just seem to start out of general frustration, it's like we don't understand eachother, I sometimes don't feel very safe at home, my girlfriend relies on me to do the shopping and make meals and I get the blame if neither are complete. I've tried to give space to my parents and not talk to them about my issues - I don't want to worry them. This causes a problem as I then turn to my girlfriend for support, she has her own issues to deal with.

I'm receiving CBT for social anxiety however I don't believe this is helping me. The therapist doesn't seem to offer up much in the way of advice on how to deal with my problems and I find myself just waffling on in the meetings as there doesn't really seem to be a structure.

I firmly believe that there is a guy inside me that is happy, healthy and ready to tackle life head on and enjoy each day.

I must have to do all this myself, it doesn't seem like much is working by trying to get support.

Has anyone got any advice for me? Anyone been here themselves?

Stewy