Old 05-28-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Aeryn

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
Good luck Aeryn!!! I broke up with my last AXBF four years ago and haven't had anyone (aside from one brief fling) in my life since. I've always seen myself having kids, but had a string of relationships with addicts who I knew weren't right. Getting real with myself in the past few years about addiction and trying to find a better path has also helped me to finally decide to try with a donor. I've been trying for a little over a year, had a miscarriage last summer but still hoping it might happen for me, though at 41 I'm not sure. I worry sometimmes that I will regret not getting my sh*t together earlier, but then again, I have a career I love and being single/childless has allowed me to make the most of that, so I guess I'll be OK either way. BTW, I don't mean to make assumptions, don't know if you have a partner involved, but there is a great group called Single Mothers by Choice that has an online support group and opportunities to meet other women in your area. Sending you sticky thoughts!
Definitely don't stop trying you are not too old at all! My doctor recently helped a 46 year old get pregnant. :-)

I'm using a known donor...so a friend gave me the sperm....however in my state I get full custody and he's just a donor and if I want I can give him visitation and when the kid turns 18 they can meet him...assuming this all works out.