Old 05-28-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Aeryn

Originally Posted by LifeRecovery View Post
Aeryn-

I could not get myself out of the relationship with my loved one, but I did have the ability to say no to kids (even though I had always wanted them). I don't regret that decision, but I do regret that I was not honest with myself or my partner at the time of the "why" I did not want kids.

I am leaning toward adoption. I have been working hard this last six months with a financial planner to make sure that this is something I can do (without kicking in my work a holic tendencies). I also have some decisions to make about where I live.

I am interested in how this journey goes for you.....
I like what you said about regret...because I have some regrets too but I couldn't pinpoint why...the regret isn't that I didn't have a child with my STBXAH (that I still think was a good decision) the regret is more I didn't realize that should have been a deal breaker and I should have left earlier! Oh well...no time for shoulds just moving forward.

Do keep us up to date on how the adoption goes...you, firebolt and I aren't the only ones I bet that didn't have kids because of being with an A at the time....so I think it is relevant to the forum.