View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
SpiritOfDjinn
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post

Omg! That is crazy! And also terrifying. I'm definitely staying away.

Today has been a rough day. I woke up at 4AM to go to the gym before heading to the city for a long day at work despite being sleep deprived. After working through my lunch, I ended up having to stay late. I missed my train and the place I was going to pick up food from after realizing I missed my train was closed. I have officially been out of the house for 14 hours and another 2 until I'm home. I sometimes feel like every time I try to do something good for myself (such as waking up early to go running) it blows up in my face. My saving grace has been the fact that the liquor store in the train station was closed today. I honestly don't know what I would have done if it had been open. I don't trust myself today. So I am going straight home. I'm going to find an AA meeting this evening and hopefully go for another jog. Some days I think I've got it all figured out. Others I'm surprised by how fragile it all is.
Fragile indeed! The whole process is like a crazy rollercoaster ride from hell. It seems like one second life is great and you're at the top of the world and the next thing you know you've hut rock bottom again and AV is on a soapbox with a megaphone. It seems like you're dealing fairly well though. Going to meetings, going jogging, coming here to post, etc. Just remember, AV can't win if you don't give in and we are always here for you.