View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Zab I think when I first quit I entertained thoughts that maybe after say three months I might feel like I would have reset the the clock and could maybe have the occasional drink like a normal person but pretty soon reading posts on SR disabled me of that notion. Now after 4+ months sober I am painfully aware that I cannot drink "normal" I'm know it's the same for others in early recovery because I have read their posts and like them I sometimes feel a deep loss that I can't drink (like the bank holiday weekend just gone). The good thing is that people who have been sober a long time don't miss it and to be fair neither do I for 90% of the time. Thinking about "normal" drinking is just a comfort blanket Hey, all this talk of peckers being kept up - I live in London's East End, home of cockney rhyming slang. I have two words to say on the subject. Hampton Wick
I hear you saoutchick, I don't usually think that far ahead. Too scared to at the moment.

The posts have scared the living day lights out of me. So I don't even entertain the luxury of thought. The problem with the posts though, is that they get the AV really humming along. I have to stay away from SR for a while as the posts just get too close to home. I am not that far into sobriety that I have forgotten the drunken arguments etc.

Saoutchick, you are going to have to take the pecker fight up with martina12. It is all her fault. Besides, it gets tounges wagging.