View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by Fluffer View Post
Nice post, ZAB, but I'm a little concerned with the excerpt above. We've seen a lot of people go down in flames recently and it seems to me like they often telegraph their impending relapse by adopting waffle like language in place of their former more firm statements against return to drink. Let's lock the gate on this thing forever. Put the dagger in its heart.

I hope I'm reading too much into this and you're doing fine. Rootin' for ya!
Hi Fluffer,

Sorry for that. I appreciate the concern. That statement was not meant to be taken on its own. I should perhaps have made it clearer. It was a hook to finish the paragraph and lead into the next. I was trying to get across, without being to blunt, that if there is any doubt about controlling drink - we cannot drink. I deliberately put that in as this seems to be where most of the relapses are happening. People wonder that they now have a bit of sobriety under their belt whether they have beaten this thing and can now control it - then too late. I am really trying to say, if there is any doubt - stay away. Like, just don't entertain the thought?

Once again, I do apologise if it doesn't explain very well what I was trying to do and I hope this clears it up.

I am "A" ok as the Yanks say.

Cheers,

ZAB