SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - 1st Issue of the SR Newsletter Sending This Week!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

I think we do have a valid concern regarding anonymity and privacy.
If people who opted out of getting notifications don't get it then it's all good.
If they do, then it raises some serious ethical issues especially considering the somewhat sensitive nature of this forum.

What needs to be clarified is whether all SR members will receive the first newsletter whether or not they opted out of receiving email notifications
Quote:
All of the active members of the forum will receive the newsletter at the email address they used to register with SR, but if you don't want to continue to receive the newsletter all you have to do is click "Unsubscribe" and you'll be permanently taken off the list.
Personally, receiving the newsletter is not a problem and some of it (aside from the ads from the sponsors) might be interesting.
I receive emails from WFS and Soberistas too buuuttt I signed up for them explicitly. They just did not start sending me emails out of the blue without regards for my potential safety or my privacy.
biminiblue (05-27-2015), chicory (05-27-2015), courage2 (05-26-2015), Dee74 (05-26-2015), FireSprite (05-27-2015), honeypig (05-27-2015), Lenina (05-26-2015), Twofish (05-27-2015)