Old 05-26-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
No worries about those guys. They just own the mechanic shop around the corner. They're nobodies, and I'll beat them off with a stick from here on in after today's little encounter. I'm honestly in a really good area though, surrounded by good people. They're the odd ones out.

Honestly? I'm scared, because I don't know how to go about this. I want to be sober, I really do. I just don't know where to source the strength to do it. I do know it takes more than self will though. You need a support network of some kind in place, but I've isolated myself so much due to my alcoholism, there is none.

I'm 12,000kms from any family member, was in a 3 year relationship here which ended, so now I live alone with a couple dogs. I know the language well enough to get around without problem, but not enough to have a relaxed, fluent conversation. No true friends to speak of.

Even if my family was around, aside from my dad, they're all a bunch of alcoholics themselves anyway. They're all rich though. Parents are millionaires, and brothers are making over $200k/year, so what hell, drink up I guess. I'm the odd one out, as I didn't go into the oil patch. Nonetheless, even if around them, I doubt they'd be of any help.

I don't know. Keep drinking until my liver gives out I guess.
Apart from SR I had no support.
It is possible Troy - but you have to really want it.

Do you think it's just fear that's keeping you on the hamster wheel?

D