Old 05-26-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TroyW

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Troy - you are in a bad way lately. Drinking and hangin' with people of ill repute. What's happening?
No worries about those guys. They just own the mechanic shop around the corner. They're nobodies, and I'll beat them off with a stick from here on in after today's little encounter. I'm honestly in a really good area though, surrounded by good people. They're the odd ones out.

Honestly? I'm scared, because I don't know how to go about this. I want to be sober, I really do. I just don't know where to source the strength to do it. I do know it takes more than self will though. You need a support network of some kind in place, but I've isolated myself so much due to my alcoholism, there is none.

I'm 12,000kms from any family member, was in a 3 year relationship here which ended, so now I live alone with a couple dogs. I know the language well enough to get around without problem, but not enough to have a relaxed, fluent conversation. No true friends to speak of.

Even if my family was around, aside from my dad, they're all a bunch of alcoholics themselves anyway. They're all rich though. Parents are millionaires, and brothers are making over $200k/year, so what hell, drink up I guess. I'm the odd one out, as I didn't go into the oil patch. Nonetheless, even if around them, I doubt they'd be of any help.

I don't know. Keep drinking until my liver gives out I guess.