View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by noexcuse View Post
Well, my plan to drive with other people to the baseball game didn't work out. I ended up having to drive myself because my daughter had to be there well before the gates opened, and everyone else was coming after the gates opened. Shortly after her performance, though, my parents left and that's when cravings started to hit me. So, I gave all the cash I had to my husband, got out of there and went straight home. For once, I left early to preserve my sobriety, not so I could sneak some drinks by myself. What a concept. I had a wonderful weekend. We went shopping for plants and flowers for our patio, plus I spray-painted my table and umbrella to match my chairs. My patio feels like a retreat now, and my husband and I actually spent over a half hour out there yesterday just talking. I don't remember the last time we did that. Then we watched a movie and went to bed at a reasonable time.....all without the kids (they were spending the night at my parents' house last night). I literally cannot remember the last time that the kids weren't home that we didn't drink. It might be years.
Well done NE, you should be vey proud of yourself.