View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Kafkaesque

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post
Congrats on the 77 days. That's huge in itself. I suppose anything that helps with the nerves helps with dealing with the av as well. Something like cayenne pepper and milk thistle for example. Some spices and herbs have been found to aid with addictions, so maybe versus the av too. Just to add one thing. After I stopped using caffeine altogether, and it was pretty tough, I think I noticed an overall reduction of all craving for alcohol. Maybe it was imagined, but I think there is a link. And many stop caffeine when they detox since it can also make you more nervous, jittery, anxious etc. further disrupt the sleep and so on. I never won by arguing or tangling with the av. Propably the only thing to do is to ignore it and accept that it will pass at some point. Good luck.
Thank you for the suggestion UnixBer! You know, when I quit smoking I used a product called QuitTea and I think it had valerian root in it and other herbs which made quitting a lot easier since it physically relaxed during cravings. I think I might start trying that when I'm in a bar or any other place that triggers my cravings.

You're probably right about the caffeine. I drink way too much caffeine and the days where I limit it, like Sundays, I notice the AV is a lot quieter. I go back and forth with quitting caffeine altogether though. Sometimes I think, I can't have any alcohol or tobacco, do I have to give up coffee now too? Lol. But it probably would be good for me to start cutting back

Thank you for the suggestion on the herbs and spices! Do you know any other herbs and spices that help with cravings or create a calm feeling?

Thank you again for the advice, UnixBer