View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Irnldy001

Dee
I understand what you are saying, but something about this thread is like a moth to a flame. Maybe it's just me seeing myself a bit. Maybe the tough love thrown out there. Dunno. But I do know that I wish there was a 'someone' who could make it all go away, so I understand sort of what Thomas thinks he is doing. I also know that NOONE will ever be that person, and even if they will, only for a short while. It's easy to say this sober. Totally easy. But if I were gunned off my gourd right now, I might think Thomas' logic makes sense. All I get from this thread is a drunk person who seems to want to make contact, albeit from a drunk place, knowing being drunk is going to end him somehow, and a bunch of stuff thrown back in his face. I am not a prolific poster, but I have to call out one thing that really bothers me
There is a poster/admin who pops up and seems to viciously remind people of things they have written before. Maybe when they were drunk or sober, but part of their history. But it's not their TODAY. I feel weird calling this out as no one else does - so I guess it's accepted. I would hate to think if I fell off the wagon again that my past cheery you can do it's would be slapped in my face. I just don't think it would be helpful. I think a lot of us try to be kind to newcomers, but those threads seem to die quickly. When I first reached out, I got very little response here. I responded to some other people too and got very little response. Maybe some people here are feeling like you have to be an absolute train wreck on SR to get the attention you are desperately seeking? I can see that point of view too.