View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by exwell66 View Post
endgame I don't get you.Bodybuilding is great for you.I really don't get you.I workout and I must say have a nice body and its getting bigger and stronger every day is there something wrong in taking pride in the way you look?Your comments are off the wall.Tell me why I should stop weight lifting....What am I compensating for?I like to look appealing period...tell me more about your thoughts on lifting....I also bike ride run and play baseball....mabey I should drop the weights grab a seat at the tv .Body building is a lot harder than you can imagine,,,,,but im sure you already know that.....Go to the gym spend an hr might enlighten your insane thoughts...I was a wrestler also....6ft 1 215 and very muscular that's me what am I doing wrong
I stated that what I wrote was my bias, and that I didn't believe that my comments applied to everyone. I was commenting on body-building as a way of life, a career, an avocation, not as a means of staying healthy and in shape. I made a generalization in order throw a particular theme or themes that emerged in the OP's comments in sharper relief.

I started training in a traditional style of martial arts in 1983, when I first got sober, and continue to do so, several times each week, now with a sensei who has trained fighters with world rankings in international competitions. I have a black belt in one style and, after my sensei retired a few years ago, began training in another traditional style last spring. I also ride a stationary bike five times a week, sixty to ninety minutes each time, and then a road bike in nice weather. I use simple hand weights in my training because bulking up makes one less of a skilled and effective practitioner of karate than more, since both speed and precision are paramount, and from which power derives.

Though I'm in good shape and happy that I am, I do none of these things in the service of offering my body on display as an object of art or wonder, which I most certainly am not.

Back to the OP, please.