View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
TroyW

Yeah, thought you might be a landscaper. Asked in a thread couple months ago, but never got a response. I landscaped for a couple years myself. Just as a grunt labourer though, not the boss. Was the maintenance foreman during the second year though.

Tough job. 100+ hour weeks, you get home at 11:30pm and debate whether you should have a shower or eat, because you don't have time for both, as you need to be up at 6am to go back to work. Sometimes on Sunday you'd get to call it quits at 5pm, then you'd spend your evening wondering what you're supposed to do with all you free time, because you're not used to it.

Was a good time in my life though. The crew(s) you work with become your second family, because you're with each other almost every waking hour of the day.

Always loved when the new guys showed up. heh, the boss had it easy, because he didn't even have to fire anyone. If you couldn't cut it, we made sure you quit within your first week, lol. We're exhausted and pushing ourselves as is, so last thing we need is to pick up the slack from someone else.

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 05-25-2015 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Removed link to personal info