View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Kafkaesque

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
One of the things I truly value about SR is that insight comes from everyone -- the newly sober, the old hats and everyone in between. When I was new to SR, it took me a while to embrace the notion of the AV. Am I not the only voice I have? I wondered. What it took me some time to learn is that the AV represents that part of us that grew out of habit. But it's not the only voice within us. The voice that wants a better, healthier life -- sobriety -- gaining strength. It is becoming our true voice. RealE paint a great picture -- that other voice inside us doesn't rule the roost anymore and it's rattling around in its cage. Angry. Pay it no mind. That'll make it even smaller and less powerful. You're stronger than you might think, Kafka. Seventy-seven days is terrific. You can do this.
I feel the same way. We all come from different places and different points in our sobriety but we all have something to offer and that's what makes this community such a success. I wouldn't make it most nights without SR.

You're so right about the sobriety voice. I've always thought of the av as this evil part of me that I'm trying to kill off but the sobriety voice is always louder and has already become a bigger part of who I am than the AV is at this point. So thank you so much for all of your advice and support.

Thank you FLCamper as well! I am proud to say I made it through the night (more than that, I ENJOYED the night!) and woke up not sick and hungover but rather happy, well-rested, and proud! Today is day 78 and you all helped me not compromise that! Thank you!