View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Well Jeff,

Again, I only saw this this morning. The others have said it better than I can - Nobody can get you sober if YOU don't want to be sober.

I must be psychic - you have started thread after thread this weekend in your pissed state looking for an answer that is not forthcoming. You can continue to do so - but I am afraid that the answer, although put down in different words in each post and each thread is going to stay the same.

You can go see your wife. Maybe it will destroy whatever you have left between you two. Hang on, is that it mate???????? Is this the thing that is really buggering you up???? I have no answer if that is the case. The only thing I can tell you about that is that you are not going to find the answer at the bottom of a bottle. You will only find more hurt and pain. If you have problems with your missus, you are only going to push her further away by your actions now. Trust me when I tell you this, you will create more harm when you're pissed and try to resolve it than by getting sober. Some things can not be unsaid and you will say those things when pissed as you have no control over it. I know you think alcohol is numbing the pain - it is not. You would know this from the last few days - the pain is still there in the morning. Only a lot worse.

You asked me once how I could deal with it. The answer is simple. I may or may not have lost my wife. Although booze is one of the reasons, it is not the only reason. I tried my best to drink the pain and heartache away. In the end, the booze almost killed me. It sneaks up very quickly mate. I realised that I could deal with the pain and heartache better while being sober. I know it doesn't seem so, but I promise you it is. You can reason better when you're sober and things seem so much more clearer.

Others have said it better than me. Get sober. Get help to do this. You people are so lucky with all the facilities and awareness you have that side. Use it. Take advantage of it. Get back on the wagon. Make that decision and make it now. Your wife will ultimately respect you more for your actions to get sober. Don't throw that away!

Best of luck.

Cheers,

ZAB