View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Thank you, Venecia.

I've had a great deal of difficulty when it comes to crying since I've been on SSRIs, but I came very close while reading this.

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Hi, EndGame,

Thank you for the update on Mary Ann. It's good to hear that she is doing well -- and that she is looking at some long-term options and maybe alternatives to returning to her work. The way you described it, I got the impression that she is one of those super-competent people, but also in a job that requires an awful lot from her.

Chances are, I've said this before but it bears repeating: It's good she has you, her devoted brother, in her corner.

Napping? Sounds good. Getting skinnier? Hmmm. I've wondered what it's like to walk a mile in your shoes these days. Being a devoted brother is honorable. And, I'm sure, every bit as emotionally exhausting as we can imagine. Damn cancer. I'm thinking there must be time when you're wondering whether this period is a "honeymoon" break from it. Or if Mary Ann is going to come out of this on the survivor list. (Of course, we're all rooting for the latter.)

That's a weird limbo. No answers, but lots of hope. Please be very good to yourself. The way you have described yourself makes me feel you're very self-aware and I'm glad to read that there are no thoughts of drinking. But the total you needs care, too. (And the sadness and frustration you noted is wholly understandable, especially against the backdrop of your life since Mary Ann's diagnosis. You're also not alone there.)

We'll be here for you to help in whatever way we can offer. Heavens knows, if we could be there for coffee and hugs IRL, the SR community would set up residency in Starbucks and you'd start to feel like a human teddy bear. (PaddingtonNYC?)

There is grace in your presence here. Thank you.