View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
This is what you tell yourself, both as an excuse to continue drinking and to avoid getting help.

All of us here, collectively, have read and heard, perhaps even done, such things thousands of times.

Knock it off and get help.
I agree with this. Sorry it feels like we're giving you such a hard time right now, I am sure you're not feeling too good and it's no fun to hear others rain on your plans.

But it sounds like you're looking for an escape. You are saying: "to hell with it, I'm off to California in the morning! And I'm buying a ticket at the damn counter!" I'm sorry but that sounds like a bunch of hot air. That's a drunk talking right there man. Does your wife live out there? Is she out there for work? Give the neighbor kid $20 to take you to the airport? Man...just take a step back here and get yourself together.

Part of you does have the right idea. Putting your sobriety in someone else's hands right now might just be a good idea. That someone, however, should be a professional. Have a cup of coffee, some water, and some food. Watch a movie and go to bed and get a good night's rest. Wake up tomorrow and throw out your alcohol. Start there. If you still want to go to California after that, it will still be there.

When you wake up, here's just one recommendation I have for help in MN. Check them out over a healthy breakfast and coffee in the morning: https://www.fairview.org/Services/Be...rams/index.htm

Good luck buddy. Stop resisting so hard and fix this issue. You're not alone, many of us have been there.