Thread: Derailed
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
SDH73

Just home from work. Walking into my apartment there was a "spot" in my vision, thought I was about to walk face first into a spider hanging on a web, had a mini freakout (I'm not an arachnophobe, but I'm not a fan either. They're f'ing creepy!) No spider, just spotty vision.

Caught myself being stupid at work tonight. Not understanding subtle jokes and whatnot. I suppose I used to be like that all the time, but with a few months of sober time under my belt I could really see the difference. Also freakishly jumpy at work. Easily startled.

There was something else I wanted to mention, but it escapes me at the moment.

I posted earlier how I thought that maybe I drank again because I wanted to detox, to be reminded of all the crap that goes along with drinking. It was just a thought and certainly didn't occur to me before I drank. At least not in that cut-and-dried a way. But, I think I mentioned this earlier, I was seeing a lot of good progress in different areas, but all the bad stuff was such a distant (and yes, distorted) memory. Someone called me out on that earlier in this thread and made a very good point. So, will I need to "remind" myself of all the horrible crap that happens when I drink whenever I start to feel good? Obviously, that's just not practical, so it's something that I will be considering.

Thanks for all the support, guys and gals. I'm not beating myself up about this. Maybe I should be more troubled by it. Probably, after a couple days of actually sleeping and being reasonably healthy and feeling physically good again I'll have some self-beating-up to do. But right now I just want to feel good again. And clean my apartment.