Old 05-23-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
brynn
...holds the key

Originally Posted by segCurly View Post
Day 2 and entering the danger zone that is dinner time. Time for that run I mentioned earlier. The cold bottle of white wine in the fridge might have to be dumped. This is going to sound strange, but I haven't told my husband I've quit. He doesn't think I have a problem and doesn't want to change our lifestyle. I appreciate he doesn't see my drinking as a problem. But I do. I know the difference between choice and addiction. I know I crossed the line. I need to be able to do this on my own - even if that means leaving the bottle in the fridge until he finishes it. Thanks for the support everyone. I'm already discovering the power of this group.
segCurly.....I live with an alcoholic (not saying your husband is) and he was very resistant to me getting sober. In the beginning he tried to sabotage me any way he could. Me quitting meant he was losing a drinking buddy and it might mean he'd have to examine his own drinking habits. I knew I'd be doing this without him or his support but I was %100 committed to my own well being and sobriety regardless of what he did or didn't do or say.
5.5 months later I'm sober and he's still drinking heavily. I'm not saying it's easy, but getting and staying sober while living with a drinker can be done. I made a commitment to never drink again and I will never change my mind.
By the way.....running hangover free rocks!!