View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Babies and alcohol are not a good mix honey!
Nappy changes, sick, crying, 4am starts to the day after 2 hours sleep are 100 times worse with a hangover.

Trust me, I have been there!

Is this your first baby?

When I had my baby she was tiny and fed non stop to catch up.
I don't think I slept for 6 months.
It was a brutal shock to the system.
I had it all planned - it would be a peaceful time where me and my partner would be blissfully happy and contended with our new baby and new life. I was going to do baby massage, baby signing, be happy at home, go for long walks, meet loads of new mummy friends. Flipping heck, I even had my mummy outfits planned and handbags to match my pram.

It turned out that for 6 months I hardly managed to get dressed by 5pm and by that time it didn't seem worth it.
When I did get dressed, 2 mins later I was covered in sick anyway.
My pram sat brand new for the first couple of weeks as I never made it out of the house.
I never slept longer than 3 hours as my baby constantly fed, I was doing the feeding and she point blank refused a bottle.
I got mastitis 3 times.
The antibiotics they prescribed me entered my milk and gave my daughter the runs.
I think I went through 326 nappies a day.
My daughter refused point blank to sleep in a moses basket and would only sleep when held by me.
It snowed for 2 months on and off and I think I didn't leave the house for nearly 3 weeks at one point.
I don't think me and partner went 24 hours without sniping at each other or rowing or him storming off in a huff.

The rows are not real.
A new baby is so hard.
I promise it gets easier.
However until it does, drinking will make everything even harder.

Try to go easy on yourself and each other.
If you can get out and about, I found when I could getting out of the house allowed me to calm down and when I got back things were never as bad.

If I had my time again I would have swaddled more so she slept better (its an art but works when you can do it), put less pressure on myself and slept more when she slept rather than doing jobs like cleaning or washing.

If you are feeling down, don't keep it to yourself and don't hide it. Its normal.
I never expected the first few weeks to be so hard.
To say I was shocked is an understatement.

I really wish you the best and you can pm me anytime xx