View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kernalsand3rs88

Originally Posted by kernalsand3rs88 View Post
Thinking that I am unique and better than the people at aa ect. has probably been one of the reasons that I have always had epic fail trying to put down the bottle. I mean I knew I had a drinking problem but it wasn't that bad right? I don't need help this is normal all the guys drink like me right? So what if it runs in the family I'm different? Once I was sentenced to jail because of drinking I knew that all that was false. I never seriously made the decision to quit until I was in a cell. There were 16 people to my cell but it was the loneliest place I have ever been. I knew at that moment when I first walked through those gates that the only way in hell I'm not coming back here for sure is to become a sober man. Throughout my life I have never chose to learn the easy way And I always felt so smart smarter
I got cut off here I finally realized I am one of these people and it was like I have seen the light. I am not going to give up on sobriety because that would be giving up on myself