Old 05-21-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Black walnut ice-cream, anyone?
Sounds amazing! I'll have to pass - been laying off the ice cream lately. This week I'm sticking with salads. I got a bit stir-crazy up there on the lake last week so I shaved my beard - and wow, I didn't like the fat little kid I saw underneath. So I went on a diet and am growing that beard back as soon as possible! LOL. Reckon another week of both will get me where I want to be.

One week until vacation! Should be on the Costa Rica/Panama border by the morning of June 1. Taking a real plane from GUA-SJO, and then a puddle jumper Cessna from SJO-LIO the next morning. Those little planes are scary, but they are cheap ($40 one way!) and you get some amazing National Geographic-style eye candy of rain forests, jungles, coastlines and oceans on the flight. Caribbean, here I come.

As for THIS weekend...no plans. I might drive to a sleepy little town on the Pacific and catch some ocean Sunday-Monday. That way, I'd be able to say I hit both the Pacific and Atlantic on the same week. The drive's not bad, great scenery of some active volcanoes on the way down and I can open the windows and feel the warm air when I hit the sugar cane fields. I know I make it sound pretty awesome, but there are plenty of hazards while driving as well. You might find a huge truck overloaded with branches speeding past you...or a small truck overloaded with people...