Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
Thanks for the update. There's positivity in your post and I hope that your new medicinal regimen is effective.

My Day So Far

I'll spare everyone the details, but about a week ago I started to exhibit symptoms of having either congenital heart failure or blood clots. When my asthma recently returned I saw a cardiologist as part of the process of determining what was going on so I know that my heart is fine. A couple of days ago my GP wanted me to take a test for blood clots and I got the results this morning. Unfortunately, they were positive. I've spent a lot of today being "squeezed in" to my doctor's and radiologist's appointment schedule while also being told not to do anything strenuous. So once again no run. The good news is that the test I took this afternoon, which is more accurate than the first one, did not show any blockage and I'm no longer restricted from any activity. Guess who will be lifting weights tomorrow morning? Why the symptoms are happening remains a mystery, but I'm confident that we'll determine what's going on.

Stressful day? You bet. Did my AV try to seize the opportunity to convince me to have "just one to relax"? You bet. Did I have anything stronger than club soda. Nope. :-)
So glad it wasn't congestive heart failure and, in the end, no blood blockage either.

Good question - what the heck is it????

Good job sticking to the club soda; alcohol would just muddy the processes of elimination, too.