View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
samseb5351

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
I really do think that life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we deal with that stuff. While you can't totally evade reality, on a personal level reality is dependent on how we view it. Just as an example I'll get really angry at someone thinking they're doing everything they can think of to annoy me only to find out they're clueless of the fact that I'm mad. It's easy to feel like the word is out to get you (which is kind of how I'm feeling lately).
I would suggest that reality is independent from how I view it. This however is one of those philosophical conundrums, so in context of our discussion I am expressing the idea that I live my life with an attitude to align what I believe to be true to what is real (independent reality). The best method I know of to do this is really the Scientific method, involving, investigation, evidence, critical thinking, falsification. Even when I am talking about my own action/reaction to things, emotions and thoughts (as in your example) this method works, not always to discover new reality based facts but especially in recovery to get Crap out of the way.