View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Good evening all,

I have completed day forty four. Time has flown today, I cannot believe that it is already 21H30 here. Business first.

Physically I am a little tired. The headache did not return after I took something this morning. I have cut my coffee consumption down to two or three cups. I am drinking plenty of water. I also ate very well today. I had a chicken wrap with chips for lunch; soup and toast for dinner. I am taking my vitamins as per the regime mentioned earlier. I have smoked just over twenty cigarettes today. So it is something in this combination. I did not have much fatigue today. So I am hoping that these two symptoms are now loosening their hold on me.

Mentally I am great. I did not have much to think about at work, besides the normal technical issues. I did a lot of thinking and planning for my book. Other than that it was just the usual mental exercises and reading.

Emotionally I am ok. The swings are not so regular now. I am managing to keep my mind occupied which in turn is keeping me more stable.

It is nice and toasty here, well inside anyway. The cats are sprawled all over the place. And life seems to be good.

I just want to clarify something as I came across a forum today which explained the difference between NA beer and zero alcohol beer. NA beer in the states and EU is beer with an alcohol content of <0.5%ABV. Zero alcohol beer is beer with an alcohol content <0.0%ABV. Here in SA NA beer is <0.0%ABV.

So the point is, I used to brew my own beer at home and I miss those craft beers. I got to chatting with some colleagues today (also home brewers) and of course the topic was how to brew a zero alcohol beer at home. I think we have come up with a recipe. We looked at how they would do it commercially and can see where the commercial guys are coming short. So my task is to now brew a beer, that tastes just like a beer, but has zero alcohol. We will get one of the chemists at work to analyse it when it is done to make sure we have a true zero alcohol beer before we taste. I am feeling up to this task and am quite excited.

I know, too much time on my hands to think up things. Well it is downhill from here. The work week is almost over. Almost time for my favourite people - the builders. Hopefully they will get finished this weekend.

Be safe and be strong,

Cheers,

ZAB