View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Zab I nearly choked on my coffee on the first sentence, followed by relief on the second!

On two previous occasions to maintain sobriety I have relapsed because I had false confidence that I could go to the pub and be fine to drink NA drinks. AV got a great vice like grip on both occasions so my lesson was learnt.

When I confessed on SR here last year Dee said that it was a looooong time until he could go to the pub....sigh, oh well happy days

Stay strong
M
Hi there M,

Sorry - I didn't mean to be melodramatic.

It wasn't easy at all. It was ok when I got inside the pub, but watching my colleague drinking that beer and then the smell. The AV just kept getting stronger and stronger. I had to just get out, so I called it quits after two NA beers.

My colleague is aware of my drinking problem, so it was a non-issue. He is in fact contemplating that he might have a problem. If it were not for the fact that he kept reflecting on this - I would have been in huge trouble.

I will not be visiting a bar in a hurry again. I mean, after all, a bar is there for the purpose of drinking - nothing else. I don't think it would have been so bad if we had gone to a restaurant for a meal - but just to sit and drink? Stupidity on my part.

All's well that ends well.

You keep on keeping on there.

Cheers,

ZAB