View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Good morning all,

It is another sunny morning here in SA. The sky is a clear blue and I am stuck in an office. Start of day forty four. Business first.

Physically I am ok. I woke with the headache from hell again this morning. I managed to make it to work before I was forced to take something for it. I fell asleep fine last night, no sign of the RLS. I had run out of my multi vitamin roughly a week ago and did not renew it. This could be the cause for the RLS that I was experiencing. I am now on the following schedule:
- B12 - twice daily
- Milkthistle - twice daily
- Vital Liver rescue - twice daily
- Centrum multi vitamin - once daily
- Spirulina - twice daily
This combination of vitamins seem to work well for me. I need to make some changes to my diet. I need to start eating more healthy and regularly. This will come shortly as my house renovation is almost done.

Mentally I feel great this morning. I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head with regards to the book. I am making notes and I am very excited about it. I am enjoying my work. My concentration and ability to focus has come on leaps and bounds since I stopped drinking. The changes are rapid at first and become less noticeable as time goes on.

Emotionally I am ok. If I take the emotions out of the equation that pertain to my wife - I am perfect. Obviously this cant be done. So I have my highs and lows. I am not sure if this would be an accurate reflection of recovery progress to anyone as everyone has different situations. On the whole though, I am moving forward, albeit at a snails pace - it is progress.

Well today is hump day. The week is almost done. Time has flown and I cant believe it. It seems just like yesterday that I was still drinking. I have given a lot of thought to yesterdays visit to the bar. I definitely know that I will be avoiding this in the future. I am not strong enough and I don't really care whether I will ever be strong enough - why create the opportunity.

Living day to day works for me with respect to alcohol. I don't mean you should not think about the future. I mean instead that I do not think about never drinking again. I think instead - not today.

I have become lax with my exercise. Although I have been doing a lot of physical work around the house - the actual act of exercise has fell to the side. I need to work on myself a bit here and get back into the swing of things.

Enough rambling for one morning. Time for a cup of coffee and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB