View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
esinger

OK, I don't like war stories and try to resist posting them but.....

S#!t hit the fan and I was self destructing so put myself in the local detox nut house. After I got out I went on a search for an inpatient rehab on the other side of the country as I was being aggressively told to leave, I was a mess, and the rest of my family was there. All of my family insisted I needed rehab and I was convinced also. I was over two weeks sober so all the rehabs told me I was S.O.L. with my insurance cause I was sober. Several, including the one I chose, suggested I drink so I could get admitted and it would be covered. So not feeling I had much of a choice, I bought a fifth the night before my flight and finished it. Had two Jack and cokes at the airport, two on the plane and two more when I got off. That and some benzos that were given to me to help with a previous detox. Wanted to make sure I did it right.

When I was dropped at the rehab it was all good. Funny thing is, all of this and I was completely lucid through the whole process. I always had a really hard time catching a buzz. I just drank till I passed out.

Put myself through all this for 30 something days of $20,000 forced AA and mayhem. These rehab centers are real upstanding pillars of the community.
I'm still sober though. I think the ridiculous process pissed me off enough to wake up and realize how stupid it is to ruin your life drinking solvent.
Promise I will not post any new war stories.