View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Hey there Stratman,

I have only had spotty phone access for quite a few days now and could not see that you asked me a question! Alas, I am blissfully immersed in wi-fi at the moment.

Originally Posted by Stratman1 View Post

Love, peace, and harmony?

żOr am I'm being silly now

Are they just lofty ideals?
Stratman, how do you experience love? How do you know that you are in the presence of love? Peace? What does harmony feel like? How valuable is it for you to have faith in something? To have faith in yourself? Are you hopeful in general? Do you feel hopeful for something today? Hopeful for what and why? When you visualize happiness, what does it look like? Is anyone else there with you or are you happy with yourself, alone?

No two people will answer these questions in exactly the same way. Lofty, silly? Not to me. Not to anyone who is graced by your presence, Stratman, even just standing next to you in line at the grocery store.

What do you want? is not a trick question or an indictment. No one will argue that you were done wrong and still are in many ways. Do you owe these people your life? Not just yesterday and today but tomorrow as well? What do you want and how are you going to get there?

It is obvious since you have come to SR that your pilot light is lit, Stratman (You're a good man, Charlie Brown! ) What is your essence? Who are you?

Hah, hah! How's that for answering a question with a question? That is a start.