Thread: Work
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I am going to say this, and I hope it does not sound harsh. The company I work for has been very accomidating to me in the past as far as letting me off when I was hurt, supporting me during my divorce, etc.

HOWEVER....If the things going on in my life have caused chaos that has no end in sight, and affects my work, they would most certainly let me go. I have worked here for 12 years.

While it's great for an employer to support their employees, they are in business to do business.

I would continue to push for what areas they would like to see you excel in. Keep it very business like, and stay calm and respectful. I would give them a written proposal on how you plan to carry that out. Stop looking at other people in the company and look only at you, your position, and your own performance.

Keep the personal aspect out of it. It's easy to be hurt, but business is business. They want to know that you are reliable and a hard worker.

That is just my .02

I manage a department for my firm, and that is how it is here. While we will try to accomidate those who need it, ultimately, it makes the entire firm short handed, and we need to know when they are back, it is at 100%. The same is expected of me.