View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mountainmanbob

Care to share about your last drunk ?

I don't think that I have shared the total events in regards to my last drunk here on site. Is there good purpose for this? Well, for me I never wish to forget the horrors. Will another alcoholic relate? Possibly so, for so many of the stories told here on site remind me of me.

Actually before my last drunk there was another significant drunk that proceeded a couple of weeks earlier. At the age of around 57 after a few years sober I had deceived myself into drinking yet again and started having terrible blackouts. In one of these blackouts, once more due to some extreme crazy actions on my part the sheriffs had come to our home so as to arrest me in the middle of the night. With a loud speaker they shouted for me to, "Bob come out of the house." I opened the door and yelled back to them that, "I was not coming out because I had done nothing." As the sheriffs were waiting and demanding for me to come out, I proceeded to the refrigerator and grabbed a couple more tall cans of Bud and took a seat on the couch and pounded them down. Once more I went to the door and yelled out that, "I was not coming out." Once more I grabbed another beer and drank it. I knew that if I didn't go outside they were going to break down the door. I waked out with my hands in the air and was arrested. Since I had given the sheriffs such a hard time they added some bogus charges that made my bail excessively high. Bail was set at 75 thousand dollars although charges were never filed.

OK, so after this event I thought to myself that, "I had better get back on the sober wagon that had been so good to me for many years." I think this only worked for a few days because before long I was back to it in a big way. Much heavy drinking and handfuls of prescription Valium.

OK -- here's my last drunk.
All I really remember is,
I was driving our motor home in the morning to the bar after having a drink with a few Valium. I must have been wasted because when I walked into the bar the first thing that the barmaid said was, "I'm not serving you." I remember that this really hurt my feelings. I had been to this bar many times and never been turned down for a drink. I went across the street to the business parking lot where I had parked the motor home. Got in and started it up and as I started to drive everything turned black. I knew that I needed to hit the brake peddle. Instead I hit the gas peddle and crashed into a Block Buster Video store. Tore off the top of the motor home and the front of the building. I heard later from someone that people inside were diving for their lives. Damage to building was 75 thousand. Motor home totaled. I was taken to the hospital bleeding and wondering what the heck had happened.

Thank God no one inside was injured.

Once more I thought to myself. Drinking is not working and I had better get back into the Program. I crawled back into the rooms of AA. My sponsor was amazed that I was alive and so was I, so very grateful to once more be sober and alive.

Anyone else care to share about your last drunk?

MountainmanBob