View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

ZAB

Thank you for the list of books you've read. I am going to get a few of them. Monkey on My Back sounds good (as do others) plus the running books. My doctor told my son to read Resilience (can't remember author, it has a tree on the cover). You mentioned in another post that you thought exercise was the key. I have always thought this also. Get the endorphins and dopamine going! I worked out hard for many years (never long distance running tho). I started riding a bicycle again and working out. We've had a beautiful levee with a riding path surrounding our farm for 20 years that I've never used before. I actually bought a bike! If you don't feel well physically, you certainly can't feel well mentally or emotionally. I also take bits and pieces out of things I read that work for me. Things stick out in my head that people (friends, doctors, etc) have said to me over the years. These help me too. I try to keep what helps me in the front of my mind. Slowly, but better than not at all, I hope to get there! Keep posting! Maybe I'll start a thread.

Keep on keeping on! (I'm from the good ole USA - Missouri).

Big love,

(Steven Tyler wrote the foreword on one of the books I read and he signed it "Big Love"! I love that!).

Big Love,

Olivia