View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
60andbeyond

Wow.. it's 90 days today. I can't believe it! I was *THIS* close to not making it as I was at a friends house last night that I'm not super close with and they all started to drink. I was offered several times and I declined several times but as the night went on I grew weaker and actually said to myself okay if they ask again, just go ahead. Thankfully they didn't. And thankfully they didn't just hand me a drink because I am sure I would've caved. That close to 90 days and everything. It makes me feel like I just shouldn't be in those situations right now. I don't really feel proud of myself for "making it" because I HAD made up my mind that it would be okay to drink if they actually handed me a drink or if they asked me one more time. I pretty much gave up but just got lucky in that it didn't result in drinking.

New day - time to refocus and make the choice to not cave if ever in that situation again. Or to just become a hermit.

Well fluke or not I made it to 90 days! I truly can't believe it. I wish I felt prouder of myself.