View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hey congratulations on 6 weeks Zab. Things got a bit easier for me around weeks 6/7

Re the smoking thing, I'm not sure if it is good to quit at the same time as going sober or not.

I quit way back in 1987 but I wasn't an alcoholic then. The good news about stopping smoking is that the Nicoteen cravings decrease in a nice linear way until they go for good. The other good thing is that you don't have to "work" to stay of ciggies (after 6 weeks or so) like you do with booze.

I wasn't tempted to start smoking again despite turning into an alcoholic
Ta saoutchick, much appreciated.

The smoking is the last thing physical addiction that I have left. It needs to go.

You are probably right when you say not to quit both at the same time. I don't have the experience with that.

I am going to have to stop soon, it is interfering with my fitness levels and is just getting way too expensive here in SA. We're not at EU prices yet - but we are catching up quickly. It is also just a very bad habit to have. I hate having to disrupt a meeting so that I can have a smoke break.

I hear you with the smoking temptation - I was stupid when I started again. My wife and I had both stopped. She started again - and I started out of spite just to show her I could smoke three times more than her. I am the idiot here.

I will get there, baby steps.