View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
noexcuse

The weather is getting nicer, and, as my husband put it, it seems like everyone is throwing their favorite summer brews into their grocery carts to enjoy on the weekends. When I wasn't just chugging straight from the vodka bottle, I always had my favorite seasonal 'sipping' drinks, you know, those drinks that were meant to be enjoyed with the weather rather than slammed. (Ha, who am I kidding - I would drink the enjoyable drink in front of others, run into the house and take a swig off the vodka bottle, then join the group again.) I think those sipping drinks are a trigger because I drank them for the taste and not just the alcohol content. But regardless of the cart-fulls (my perception) of summer shandy, margaritas, wine coolers, mojitos and various other summer libations, mine remained full of other summer indulgences like meat for the grill, watermelon and salads, popsicles and ice cream cones, sunscreen and citronella candles, books and sidewalk chalk. I have not be tempted other than a fleeting thought, and I spent the weekend enjoying the outdoors with the kids. I took them to a nature center that I frequented as a kid, along with the *best* ice cream parlor in the greater Chicagoland area, IMO. I visited relatives, got a tomato plant, pulled some weeds, worked on my patio.... It was a glorious weekend. And I remember every bit of it.

Day 21