View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Evening all,

Day forty one is now ending for me. Another weekend done and dusted. Business first.

Physically I am tired. I am going to sleep well tonight, I can feel it. The headache from hell hit me this afternoon. I think it is all the builders dust as my sinuses are blocked too. I think it will be gone tomorrow. I smoked too much today. I am going to have to do something about this sooner rather than later.

Mentally I am good. I am reading an autobiography of a war reporter. Very interesting as his view points are not always popular. It stimulates the grey matter a bit.

Emotionally I am ok. The day had its highs and lows. Nothing that really got me too knotted up though. This is progress.

The builders did not finish today - surprise. So they will be back next Saturday. At least it is not a lot left to do. I am almost tempted to finish it myself now. But I added more stuff to do. It never ends.

It is getting chilly out this evening. The wind is picking up. I think we may be in for a miserable week. The cats are all snuggled in. I think they know something I don't. At least the fire is going. Can't complain about that.

I have noticed on some of the posts that a lot of us are struggling along at the moment. I am not sure if it might be weather or something. One thing I do realize is this - we forget how shite it was to stop in the first place. We become complacent and then we slip. It is almost easier to keep it up in the early days of sobriety due to our fear of having to go through it again. I would suggest to keep a journal. Something to go back to that will remind ourselves just how bad it was to stop. If the urge ever arises, go back and read what you would be going through in order to quit again.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB