Thread: Forgiveness
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tomsteve

I look at the other person as being sick. Sometimes I have had to pray for the willingness to forgive. Sometimes I haven't wanted to pray and prayed twice as hard.
Concept-: an idea of what something is or how it works
Forgive- stop feeling anger towards; stop blaming;
That's a pretty simple concept, isn't it?

This is why I chose forgiveness:
"The moment you start to resent a person, you become his slave. He controls your dreams, absorbs your digestion, robs you of your peace of mind and goodwill, and takes away the pleasure of your work. He ruins your religion and nullifies your prayers. You cannot take a vacation without his going along. He destroys your freedom of mind and hounds you wherever you go. There is no way to escape the person you resent. He is with you when you are awake. He invades your privacy when you sleep. He is close beside you when you drive your car and when you are on the job. You can never have efficiency or happiness. He influences even the tone of your voice. He requires you to take medicine for indigestion, headaches, and loss of energy. He even steals your last moment of consciousness before you go to sleep. So, if you want to be a slave, harbor your resentments!"

Last edited by tomsteve; 05-17-2015 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Y