Old 05-17-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
biminiblue

I had a chicken tostada for breakfast because I can and because I have been eating too much SatFat lately and not enough vegetables. So easy to do. It was delish.

Today I've already washed the sheets and cleaned up the kitchen and fed the cats and read all your posts.

Ruby, you are a good woman.

If anyone ever sees a cypress knee lamp at a garage sale/estate sale , buy it and I'll pay you plus shipping. I grew up in Florida and I want one.

Hm - I guess I could buy one online. I want a fancy one, though, with several "knees" and a cool shade.

Never mind, obviously I have specific qualifiers. I'll keep looking

Cats: I used to volunteer at the shelter and boy did I learn how easily they are over-stimulated. Many a scratched-hand. All of a cat's play behavior seems to be really redirected hunting. I think the best thing I've learned is to not ever engage in "play" with my hands. Especially kittens. I always use a toy when trying to "play."

My full grown cats get scolded when they get bitey. I'm not sure you can stop them from that, but it does help to know the signs. Cats are hard for kids because of that. Once the cat senses fear, it's on; and the instinct for humans is to pull our hand away, which just triggers the prey instinct for the cat.

Dogs are so much more agreeable.

Speaking of redirected. I got that Redirect Virus and spent some time this morning cleaning up my computer. Ugh. Victory, though.