View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mysusnshine1

Unhappy Call me Mrs. Nice-Gal

I'll be the first to admit I was a little mellow dramatic with my last post about my MIL coming to town. The truth of the matter is she has never really accepted me. Years ago I learned to just accept that and dealt with it by drinking, I'll never be good enough for her son. In a few different situations she has crossed the line with me. The latest was a verbal meltdown to which she screamed at me for 45 minutes and refused to calm down. She has had these melt downs in the past and they always seem to happen when 1). My husband is away and 2). When she isn't in control of a situation. Well to make a very long story short, we have been distant for a few months and I was perfectly fine with that. She asked a few weeks ago if she could come down to visit, I didn't want to keep my daughter away from her any longer, we allowed her to come down and spend the weekend with her. I had no plans on being nice to her or even talking to her to be completely honest. But as I promised my husband I would make an appearance and put on my best "I don't hate you" face. I decided that dinner would be a good idea, that way she and my husband could enjoy the day without me and there would not be any tension ruining her visit. However at dinner I was nice, we laughed and as much as I wanted to give her the cold shoulder....its just not in my nature. "Good" you say "Your the bigger person in the end" you'll suggest, but the problem is that because I can't show my true feelings and down right lividness (is that a word?) it means that everything gets stuffed down and it will surely blow over later down the road. Like I said before she is a true trigger for me. Plus, to make things worse even before dinner my AV beacon had started going off. I hope I can find away to work through these issues because I can't let someone that has been so mean and rude to me, be the reason I relapse.....