Old 05-16-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Sorry to hear you're dealing with some stressful situations at home, Ruby. Sounds like you know exactly why he's leaving. Hint: it's not because you're being mean to him. You remember to focus on you, after all that's the only thing you can control. Glad you're here and thanks for sharing - we all hit rough spots in the road and not drinking during these times is a big win for you and a notch in your sobriety belt. Well done, let's stay strong.

I went out this glorious morning with a cup of iced coffee to the front yard....only to see my next door neighbors rolling and smoking a joint on their coffee table. They were talking to me and with me as they smoked, as if it were no big thing. I didn't make a big deal of it. Back during my using days, I would have joined them. Back during early sobriety, I would have run and hid. Today I stood my ground - no pot-head is going to keep me inside on a beautiful morning just because they choose to wake-and-bake. I wished them a good morning and enjoyed my clear head. Led to an enjoyable and memorable day!