View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

ReadyorNot, planning the relapse mentally is one thing, recognizing a craving and riding it out another. I hope you just had an AV battle and won. You mentioned you were sober long enough to not think about drinking. Go back to that memory and know it will happen again. I was inspired you quit for 6 years and recall that thinking about drinks went away. We just need to get to that point again.

NYMets, congratulations on the first night sober. I am working out too. I'm doing the couch-5k plan and I just finished week 4, after doing week 3 twice. I'm jogging outside and getting progressively better.

I went to school to do groupwork today and then went to the gym to do the elliptical (my off- running days to avoid injuries). I was thinking weekend! AV still is habitually triggered on weekends. I had to reflect as I'm sweating and working hard on the exercise machine . . .what a waste to throw away all the exercise effort drinking those empty calories. It also makes fat burning activities halt while the body detoxes. I was thankful to be working out instead of drinking.

Hubby is helping out at a beerfest fundraiser today. His family - likes the drinks. I don't see them falling down drunk like ever, but it makes lots of things tricky sometimes. I had school as a way to excuse myself, cause orginally I was on the docket for pre-beer help.

I'm ok being around it but I still get on edge sometimes. Hubby is spending the night at his brothers.

So school, exercise, groceries, home alone, no booze, cooking some light dinner, but I WILL play my video game tonight. Maybe I like that too much but it beats poison?? Plus I did my priorities first.