Old 05-16-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Windancer

I had a good appointment with my psychologist. He knows me very well as he has known me since I was 11 (I am now 30).
I always said I had tried AA and it didnt work for me. Now it's clear that is a load of crap I was spewing. I dont think I went to nearly enough meetings to find out. So I am going to go to as many meetings as possible, even if I hate it at first. I'll try a bunch, find a homegroup,and get a sponsor. I'll sincerely and deeply work the 12 steps. Transportation is a bit of an issue as I live in the country with no car. But I am on Disability and they may help with transportation.....and perhaps after a few meetings someone also going nearby could generously give me a ride.
We discussed inpatient. I am kind of a strange case as I have severe PTSD due to being in an institution, so my psychologist and I want to be careful with that. However, I am still going to inquire about it on Wednesday to keep my options open. It was also agreed that if I cannot stop drinking with AA and SR, that an intense inpatient program mut be more seriously considered. We have also thrown in some AVRT into the mix as well as that has also helped me in the past.
My psychologist is looking into DBT therapy in the area. DBT is a very successful yet intense treatment for Borderline Personality Disorder. So I am kind of happy about that because I havent really been treated for BPD and it needs to be addressed. Also, we are looking into anxiety support groups etc in the area that I can attend.
So that is the start of my plan.