View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Tobies, I noticed that our activity here has lessened a lot, which I actually think it is a good sign! Honestly, after passing that 18 month mark, I haven't had any major cravings or thoughts of drinking at all. Sobriety really has become my way of life and I am so grateful for it. I am spending a lot more time on the Family and Friends section these days as I am finding I need more support dealing with my codependent tendencies with my mother's alcoholism. It is so funny how things go in circles. I originally found SR looking for ways to "fix" my mother's alcoholism. Reading everything here on the forums made me face my own demons with alcohol, so I had to shift my focus to my own recovery from my alcohol problem. Now that I feel more secure in my recovery, I can now healthfully focus on my codependency issues that were not addressable until I faced my own alcohol dependency issues. Anyway, I am entirely grateful for SR for every part of this cycle as I have never felt more emotionally healthy in my life than right now. Although none of us frequent here as much as we used to, I am so proud of us and our recoveries and our honest reliance on each other for help and support. Love you all!!