View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

Fear can be motivational to a point .

If the past or the future is making me stressed out now i tend to take a step back and focus in on what i'm doing today to get through .

Since getting sober 3 1/2 years ago i've quit a long term job , worked for a contracting firm , then went self employed , and now am starting full time with a major industry player again .

I did it sober and by taking a leap into the unknown each time with hope and faith that life would support me .

Sobriety has tought me that i am capable and can be reliable if i want to be .

I'm good at dealing with the unexpected and with stressful situations as i've had to learn ways of dealing with life in sobriety that other people who are "normal" haven't had to think about .
I also am very clear on what i have the power to change and what i can discount as unmanageable

You are also becoming an expert in how to handle life , how to handle it soberly up's and downs . Becoming an expert as to what is your problem to deal with or not , if it's manageable or unmanageable .

There is always work for someone who is sensible , regular , sober and willing to work , you'll do fine .

One brave step after another , take a leap into the unknown , like you did with sobriety and i'm sure it will reap dividends .

I should have , i could have are all regrets and resentments delt with .

Life will support you , if you mess up life is a big broad and long highway and you've got miles and glorious sober years ahead of you in which to get it together .

No problems

Take care , m