Old 05-14-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
MesaMan

I got your Garage Door Story right here...

A couple of free 'Old School' Garage Door Openers came with our weekend Mountain House. So, after we bought it circa '96, I installed one.

WELL, unlike ones today, they didn't have a scrambled, secure Radio Signal from the lil Transmitter Thingy.

Meanwhile, due a 'slow' 410'-deep Well in Hard Rock, I designed and put in an Automated Cistern to store lotsa Water for weekends. 2 - 265 Gallon Tanks. A Pressure Tank [the red cylinder]. Circuitry to fill and and sense the Tank levels, but not overflow. Worked flawlessly. Plus, the Listing Realtor kicked me ~$1,000- to pay for all Components.

Well, of all the times for Mister Murphy and his Law to bite me on the Buttocks, the Garage Door opened spontaneously in February while we weren't there. Mebbe someone driving by using a CB Radio got me. Or, a Storm Outage. Never knew what happened. At -20 F Degrees at night. Both Cistern Tanks plumbed in parallel froze solid, and fell over. Ripped out all my Plumbing. Left this mess on the Garage Floor about like the Deck of the 'Titanic'.

Nothing got into the House. After some panic, I realized just letting everything melt and run out under the Garage Doors was the answer, since the Floor sloped slightly that direction. Re-Plumbed everything, and called it a day.

We now unplug the Garage Door Opener 100% of the time.-)

See Music below. All the Sheep we've seen over in Scotland kinda dovetail to Gilmer's comment about my 'bleated' Birthday. Hee hee, many thanks!

'This aging [Guano] is getting old'! ~ Me

- 'Oh The Water' ~ Van Morrison ~ Pictures Of Scotland -